Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Regional Design Center Manager who will be responsible for managing a diverse group of engineers and designers to deliver mine infrastructure, municipal and industrial water and waste water design projects to both internal and external clients in all sectors. Wood desires a professional with a proven track record of growing a design business in a fast-paced client-oriented environment. This is an operations position; however, the Design Center Manager should also have design sales experience with a wide variety of clients. The ideal candidate should have recruiting and mentoring skills that will foster growth within the Design Center. The Design Center also partners with small and large businesses to deliver design/build projects to clients and the candidate should have experience with design build project delivery.
Location : Depending on candidate preference, the Regional Design Manager could be based in Phoenix, Arizona; Denver, Colorado; or Salt Lake City, Utah.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
Key Responsibilities :
- Serves as Operations Manager with full responsibilities over all financial and staff performance metrics, including management of Design Center backlog, revenue, profit, staff workload and utilization across multiple offices.
- Assumes full management responsibility and accountability for managing very large, technically complex critical tasks or projects; develops project strategy and scope; develops realistic budgets and is accountable for them; provides review of project deliverables
- Performs analyses for highly complex engineering projects; Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas including staff supervision, technical knowledge, and project management
- Responsible for making correct interpretations of findings and recognizes and identifies inconsistent or inappropriate results; knows how and when to apply standard practices and techniques to unusual situations
- Motivates, trains and mentors subordinate staff assigned to his/her tasks or projects; facilitates teamwork to achieve maximum results
- Manages and communicates results, budget and schedule information to the client, project manager and appropriate operations management
- Responsible for the identification of new clients and/or developing additional work within an existing project or with an existing client
- Represents Wood and interacts in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments
- Responsible for ensuring Wood's administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to his/her specific discipline are followed
- Understands, applies and oversees safety requirements in the field
- May serve as a seller-doer with revenue generation responsibility of $5M or more annually.
- Expected to join at least one professional association
- Encouraged to develop the ability to prepare technical papers for external publications, and to make presentations to professional or client groups
- Has direct staff management responsibilities, including performance management, career development and mentoring
- May travel frequently to project sites, including sites remote from the office, as part of on-site team. Approximately 25% overnight travel.
- Overtime may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- 15+ years of related work experience
- Professional Engineering Registration in one or multiple states
- Knowledge of and experience with industry specific software (e.g., MS Office, AutoCAD and MS Project) required
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated task and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple projects and personnel
- Demonstrated maturity in judgment, initiative and client relations
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to develop business from new and existing clients
- Thorough understanding of the company's resources, capabilities, business practices and financial model
- Recognized for technical excellence in the professional community
- Must follow all applicable health and safety procedures associated with work environment
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites, including sites remote from the office, as part of on-site team. Approximately 25% overnight travel.
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.