Skills: CAD / CAM, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Maintenance Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas operator, is seeking an Instrument Maintenance Technician for a 1 year contract role in Sarnia, Ontario.
Individuals will need to be local to the area.
- Plans, updates, and oversees all activities within his or her areas of responsibility according to the laws, regulations, standards, specifications, and procedures.
- Special emphasis must be placed on health, safety, and the environment
- Supports and encourages team effort between operations, engineering, and projects groups
- Provides input and reviews the control specifications and work practices
- responsible and accountable for control systems as defined in the Work Management Manual
- Has the knowledge to apply and follow work permits through Permit To Work System (PTWS) as discussed in the Work Management Manual
- Ensures the quality and timely completion of work scheduled by the Maintenance Program
- Develops personal and team technical skills (for example, new regulations, equipment, methods, and others)
- Attends and instructs (as needed) technical meetings, to keep instrument technicians informed of the latest specifications, codes, procedures, and technology
- Develops and maintains open communications on control issues (for example, safe work practices, training, materials, and others) with co-workers
- Supports work prioritization to maximize effectiveness and to complement the efforts of other work groups
- Provides technical support to other Technicians for maintenance and troubleshooting on company's instrument systems
Education and Experience
- A minimum of grade 12 or an equivalent high school education, preferably enhanced by related technical school courses
- A minimum of 5 years of maintaining Instruments and Controls in processing plant or offshore production plant General Technical Skills
- Knowledge and experience with calibration methods and standards
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Is familiar with regulations applicable to the operations of oil and gas facilities - OIMS systems, related manuals, and procedures
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.