Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
Job title: Tank Welder
Ref No: 80907
Project: Greatham Tanks
Duration: 4 months
Wood is recruiting for talented tank welders for an upcoming project in the Teesside area. If you are local to the area with
proficient tank welding ability and looking for an exciting project to be part ofthen this role could suit you.
• Welding of steel Tank plates (butt welds, fillet welds) in line with Weld Procedure Specifications (floor, shell, roof)
• Preparation of worksite (barriers, access routes, cables, sheeting, signage etc)
• The setting up of A/C and D/C machines.
• The storage and treatment of electrodes.
• Recognition of material to be welded
• Use of power tools in the back grinding of welds
• Use of welding tools and equipment.
• Use of gas cutting equipment (burning gear)
• Maintaining and checking own small tools and equipment
• Reading and interpreting drawings
• Reading and interpreting weld procedures
• Knowledge of effects of climate conditions on welds.
• Knowledge of safety precautions and risks associated with tasks
• Be proficient in more than one of the welder coding qualification (multi-coded). MMA, etc
• Previously Coded welder
• CCNSG safety passport
• Two years tank welding / shipbuilding or equivalent heavy fabrication
• Proficient in use of MMA welding techniques
Skills / Qualifications
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.