At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Jacobs is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are identifying our best people to deliver this programme.
Sellafield are looking to adopt high value experience from across comparable highly complex regulated sectors and want to transform project delivery across its estate. Working in a fully collaborative environment, there are three core parts of the PPP scope: delivery of major projects, site-wide project delivery improvements and provision of supporting PPP services. Jacobs provide the front-end design and engineering capability and services required to deliver major projects and site wide project delivery improvements. The programme will deliver innovation in solutions and schedule underpinning the decommissioning plan for the site.
Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team driving change and innovation in design and execution of engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
We are recruiting a Process Engineer to join the team in Birchwood.
The Process engineer role requires a wide discipline knowledge of general wet process systems, chemical preparation, gaseous exchanges and stored solids, and their delivery to facilitate value realisation of engineering design of systems and plant with a mindset for construction and commissioning in a nuclear environment.
Supervised working as part of team focusing on:
- Delivery of design projects for construction, including;
- Gas Delivery Systems,
- Reagent Delivery Systems,
- DSEAR Assessment, Process safety assessment
- Flowsheets, PFDs, EFDs, S&IDDs, Instrument Process Data Sheets, Process Data Sheets
- Experience of process engineering design possibly within the nuclear industry but certainly within a related transferrable industry such as the oil and gas processing/refining sector or water treatment arena for examples.
- (Relevant) Degree qualified
- Experience and familiarity with designing for delivery/implementation and associated project construction and execution.
- Experience of, and ability to design.
- Familiarity with and application of current standards within their own skilled arena and an overarching appreciation of multi-design interactions and interfaces.
- Familiarity with modern CAE packages and interfaces for process plant design.
- Evidence of working as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Confidence and demonstrable capability to be able to work within supervised roles to meet end outcomes or clearly and defined targets and engage with and challenge all parties.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Good working knowledge of appropriate CAE systems.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero'
by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM
(Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall
. We are also Disability Confident Committed
; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks,
centred oninclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.