Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. About the opportunity:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
We are currently looking for a Electrical Engineer position to join the team in Birchwood.
- Develop Instrument Schedules, Block Cable Diagrams, and Instrument Data Sheets.
- Develop control panel schematic diagrams.
- Develop schemes for Instrument Loop Drawings, Hook-Up Drawings, and Instrument Mounting Drawings.
- Develop manufacturing and installation specifications to support new plant and equipment projects and/or Decommissioning projects.
- Develop Lighting and Small Power designs, including lighting and cable calcs, SLD's etc, to support other projects.
- Participate in and advise on all design activities and initiatives, including documentation review etc.
- Proactive interaction with other disciplines to ensure overall project goals are met. Drive innovative solutions to reduce cost and schedule.
- Support the Principal Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Engineer, where required.
- Supervise Graduate Engineers/Apprentice's.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Significant experience of working within a highly regulated industry.
- Experience of working in the nuclear industry.
- Degree Qualified or relevant experience to an equivalent level.
- Working towards chartered status.
- Must have sound knowledge of electrical systems, control systems and process instrumentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Knowledge of AVEVA Instrumentation and AVEVA Electrical shall be advantageous.
- Familiar with Electrical design principles.
- Knowledge of Low Voltage Directive.
- Ideally familiar with drawing checking processes
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture:
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.