Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.OWINGS MILLSMaryland
WE are looking for YOU if...
... you have experience supporting and maintaining software applications and project development.
YOU are looking for US if...
...y ou are looking for us if you enjoy a fast-paced, work-hard play-hard environment working with industry experts who are also awesome people! We are committed to providing our employees a flexible work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. At BUREAU VERITAS, we are here to create trust, we are here to leave our mark responsibly, we believe in the strength of diversity, and we demonstrate ambition with humility. If this sounds like you, join the team!
You will be primarily responsible for...
...supporting and maintaining software applications and project development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other job related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with QuickBase platform is preferred but not required.
- Ability to proficiently participate in demos of proprietary software for outside clients is required.
- Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is preferred. A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Software Engineering Skills: Analyzing Information, General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, and Software Requirements.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- None required.
- None required.
- Other Qualifications:
- Must be able to work from a remote location
- Must be willing to travel for training opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with BVTA employees.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications with a strong emphasis in MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills including ability to perform multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and ability to work independently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EEO/AAE: Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, "disabled Veterans", or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. We value the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.