Jupiter, Florida, United States
Jupiter, Florida, United States
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Jupiter, Florida, United States
Position Specific Description
The Engineering & Technical Services Department in the Power Delivery Business Unit is seeking an Engineer 1 - Transmission/Substation to work at our Jupiter West Office, Jupiter,FL. An active PE license is strongly preferred in this role.
Under limited supervision, the selected candidate for this role will:
- Strive towards continuous improvement and apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments and related fields.
- Develop broad knowledge and skills in a specific practice area.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects with few complex features.
- Collaboratively use judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments.
- Work on small projects or portions of larger projects.
- Support development of standards and engineering guidelines; conducts analysis on system performance and reliability strategy; and provides recommendations.
- Transmission Engineering, Design and Project Management;
- Negotiations, performance tracking and reportingstandards, policies, training, and support of organization;
- Communications, presentations, meetings and support;
- NERC and Regulatory Compliance;
- Research, development, and improvement measures;
- Self-starter who acts as a single point of contact for high complexity projects for the Department.
- Electrical Engineering Degree and Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
Employees in this role apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to broad variety of assignments and related fields. This job is responsible for evaluating, selecting, and applying standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform tasks. This position conducts analysis on system performance and reliability strategy and provides recommendations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides engineering, design and environmental support
• Tracks and reports on project negotiations and performance
• Delivers company standards, policies, training, and support of organization
• Prepares communications, presentations and provides support at meetings
• Formulates researches, and develops improvement measures
• Works with other departments within the organization to establish customer requirements and project costs
• Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements
• Ability to work extended hours
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Experience:3+ years
• Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
• Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
• Master's Degree
• Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified
• Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Engineering
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Jupiter, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Job Segment: Power Systems, Energy