NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific Description
Risk Management oversees all the insurance needs for NextEra Energy, Inc., as well as assessing and analyzing risks to the organization. The group is responsible for engaging with internal business units, insurance brokers, and insurance companies. Risk Management also oversees Palms, a Captive insurance company, as well as developing strategy on managing risk internally, risk transfer, and executing strategy.
- Expertise in 3rd party catastrophe model vendor platforms (RMS preferred or AIR)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrable ability to work collaboratively and engage multiple internal and external stakeholders from across the business
- Key attributes include learning agility, technology savvy, problem solving & decision making, and business thinking.
The Senior Catastrophe Risk Analyst works collectively with underwriting and actuarial stakeholders across the insurance and risk management operation providing expertise in catastrophe risk assessment and portfolio management. This position will perform advanced risk analyses on individual risks and overall portfolios to manage critical CAT aggregations and develop technical pricing.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures individual account risks and MGA/program bordereaux exposure details are modeled in accordance to standard procedures and assist with exposure control and pricing new/renewal business to maintain a profitable book
- Manages the day-to-day data collection of catastrophe information, ensuring data integrity, accuracy and timeliness of information within all catastrophe management systems
- Produces quarterly catastrophe exposure reports to quantify the company's exposure to catastrophe risk including catastrophe risk portfolio aggregations, data quality and modeled loss estimates
- Assists in pre and post catastrophe event response data compilations of exposures and loss estimation
- Acts as liaison between catastrophe model vendors, IT staff, and underwriting staff during the installation and upgrading of catastrophe model software
- Researches catastrophe-related modeled and non-modeled exposures and collaborates with the analytics and underwriting teams on client projects and initiatives
- Analyzes underwriting and risk management workflow and makes suggestions for improvement
- Provides catastrophe model training materials and documentation to department staff
- Assists in the development of product applications including pricing, CAT analysis and monitoring, and underwriting platforms to deliver profit targets and required operational efficiencies
- Perform vendor model evaluations and model change impact analysis
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience: 5+ years progressive catastrophe modeling and with 3rd party catastrophe model vendor platformsPreferred Qualifications
• RMS Certified Catastrophe Risk Analyst (CCRA) and/or AIR Institute's Certified Extreme Event Modeler Event (CEEM) designation(s)
• Experience: 3rd party catastrophe model vendor platforms RMS or AIR and generalist knowledge of other disciplines including actuarial, underwriting, and claims areasEmployee Group:
Science, Research, and Technology
NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-DS1Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: