Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Potential Candidates at this level are responsible for independently working on CONCEPT design, FEED and EPC activities which involves sizing and selection of equipment, Cost analysis, Engineering, development of deliverables, co-ordination of activities, attendance at client meetings and the preparation or checking of all project documentation.
They are also responsible for planning and allocating tasks for the Engineering and Drafting teams with emphasis on Team Management.
Together with Management responsibilities technical expertise is mandatory for this position as it involves providing high level of consultancy and expertise to the team including selection of Type of Equipment suitable for the application.
These Candidates can be assigned to work as Project Engineering Manager based on the size and complexity of the assigned project. The focus will shift from one of deep discipline knowledge to that of coordinating the various engineering disciplines involved in assigned projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews the Scope of Work to assess manpower requirements, gets approval for securing necessary resources.
- Propose execution strategy for engineering tasks and project associated tasks.
- Plans and allocates various tasks to the Engineering & Drafting teams, supervises and monitors progress to ensure timely completion within approved manpower budget and to required quality standards.
- Attends project kick off meeting to gain appreciation and understanding of project and to provide Engineering input.
- Checks all project drawings, documentation, calculations, Purchase Requisitions, Technical Evaluations, Vendor documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Co-ordinates with other engineering disciplines for resolution of inter discipline issues.
- Prepares sub-contract packages as required.
- Attends project progress/technical meetings to report/clarify on activities.
- Liaises with Client and Suppliers on technical matters.
- Attends design review meetings, value engineering workshop, HAZID, HAZOP, model reviews... etc. to provide input.
- Ensures discipline level close-out of all activities upon project completion.
- Provides expert level advice and consultancy to the team.
- Co-ordinates pre-bid engineering activities for FEED and EPC proposals.
- Contributes to discipline development by recording good engineering practices & lessons learnt, by updating discipline manuals and by training of juniors.
- All work performed within their discipline is in accordance with HSE and quality management requirements at all times
- Prepares FEED Packages
- Take ownership and be accountable for design quality & technical compliance for Critical Static Equipment such as Fired Heaters, WHRUs, Boilers, Heat Exchangers, Air Coolers, Storage Tanks, Spheres, Large Columns and Reactors.
- Responsible for selection of equipment and ensuring compliance with Client requirements, Project Process requirements, Industry codes & standards, statutory requirements and good engineering practices.
- B.Sc. in Engineering, preferably M. Sc. in Mechanical
- A minimum of 15 year's Engineering experience in oil and gas industry with CONCEPT, FEED and EPC Experience in the field of:
- Upstream oil & gas design facilities, including: separation, oil, gas & water conditioning processes and associated equipment.
- Ancillary facilities and equipment associated with oil and gas industry.
- Proven supervisory track record, preferably a certification level of IPMA or PMA.
- Well developed planning and organising skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Thorough understanding of specific Engineering disciplines:
- Instrumentation and control
- Proficiency in design and detailed engineering of static equipment such as pressure vessels, tanks and heat exchangers.
- Proficiency Engineering software associated with design of pressure vessels, tanks and heat exchangers
- Should be fully conversant with International Codes & Standards, like ASME, API, European Standards, British Standards, WRC, TEMA, ISO, NACE, ASCE... etc.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good Communication skills.
- Good technical knowledge and skills covering:
- Process Vessels such as Separators, Slug Catchers, Scrubbers, Desalters, Columns, Reactors, Hydro-cyclones...etc.
- Gas Filters, Liquid Filters and Sea Water Filters
- Pressure Vessels, Pig Launchers and Pig Receivers
- Heat Exchangers such as Shell & Tube Exchangers, Plate Exchangers, Hairpin Exchangers, PCHEs, Air Coolers...etc.
- Direct Fired Heaters, Indirect Fired Heaters, Boilers and WHRUs
- Storage Tanks and Storage Spheres
- Good knowledge of upstream oil & gas applied processes, including separation, gas conditioning, water disposal, etc. equipment selection and integration.
- Teamwork oriented.
- Excellent knowledge on Project Management.
- Capabilities of preparing Engineering Project Execution Plan.
- Proven skills in monitoring project progress and advise on strategies required to be adopted in different project phases.
- Capable of identifying and addressing project interfaces.
- Proven team work skills with respect to human resources motivational techniques.
- Proven technical expertise in Static Equipment and particularly in the above listed critical equipment. Must have successfully executed EPC and FEED projects involving such critical equipment.
- Proven past experience in preparation of Datasheets, Design Calculations, Specifications, Material Requisitions, Technical Bid Evaluations and review of vendor data & documentation of listed critical Equipment
- Familiarity with major International Codes & Standards and software specific to the listed equipment.
- Fully conversant with various aspects specific to the above mentioned equipment in terms of Process, Piping, Electrical, Instrumentation requirements and Control systems, including Participation in HAZOP, HAZID SIL workshops. Must be Aware of CAPEX and OPEX considerations.
- Experience in FAT attendance and punch points closeout for equipment including the ones listed.
- Knowledge of Equipment Modularization.