Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Piping Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
PURPOSE & SCOPE:
During the FEED phase of a project, responsible for a number of key functions or objectives:
- Optimisation of Plant Layout
- Equipment Evaluation
- Civil / Structural Commitment
- Development of Piping Standards/Specifications
- Review of Piping Codes
- Man-hour estimates & Staff requirements
The primary aim of each of these functions is to establish a base that is fundamentally sound, a base from which the detailed design can develop. To achieve these objectives interaction between Stress and other functional groups within Piping and other Engineering disciplines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review BEDD (Climatic, Environmental/lifecycle parameters)
- Understand various installation & construction strategies, which may affect the FEED/EPC deliverables.
- Work closely with client to determine project basis & Define Project procedures and Work Instructions
- Identify conflicting criteria, discuss & agree deviations with client documentation
- Identify long lead critical equipment for early stress analysis Pre-EPC (will depend on extend of FEED scope)
- Identify Special operational conditions e.g. FIV/AIV, High Pressure/Temps, Surge etc which may influence space allocations)
- Define EPC Stress deliverables and associated assumptions
- Understand Contracting Strategy for "Full" project life cycle (may affect execution of FEED and associated deliverables.
- Scope out the project for major critical lines (Review P&IDs and define preliminary calculation systems in order to Develop preliminary Critical Line List
- Layout spacing reviews based on shape approval of major critical lines
- Develop Equipment Nozzle Allowable Loads with mechanical
- Loops bays and sizing
- Modularisation/stick built strategy
- Dressing philosophy for vessels/columns (if applicable)
- Review plot layout with piping lead to identify areas of concern in order to drive work focus during FEED
- Identify client support standards. Establish variances in design or gaps (e.g. Stitch welds, non-welding, rubbing bars, clamped shoes etc clarify with client)
- B.Eng. or B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering.
- 15 years total Engineering experience and minimum 12 years in the oil and gas industry; experience in onshore & offshore, upstream & midstream projects with modular construction is preferred. Thorough understanding of fatigue analysis, AIV/FIV, bridge analysis, dynamic analysis (spectrum) for slug/PSV and structural displacement analysis.
- Capable of giving optimized technical solutions with commercial awareness
- Proven supervisory track record in major projects and management potential.
- Well developed planning and organising skills.
- Influencing and leadership skills.
- Thorough understanding of specific Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of engineering software for stress analysis, 3D modelling etc.
- Thorough knowledge of interdisciplinary interfaces.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good technical knowledge and skills.
- Good Communication skills.
- Experience of leading engineering work in mega size FEED projects.