Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Piping Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Jobs at this level are responsible for planning and allocating tasks for the Material Engineering team, coordination of activities, attend client meetings and preparation and checking of all project documentation mitigating interdisciplinary interface issues.
During tendering stage, responsible for the review of enquiry documentation and the Scope of Work, perform pre-bid engineering, estimate man-hours and thus provide required inputs for material engineering activities. After award of Project, complete responsibility of correctness and accuracy of the Piping Deliverables issued on the Project. This responsibility includes guiding /training of Piping Engineers as required and close coordination with other engineering disciplines and client's representative.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews the Scope of Work to assess quantum of job and secure necessary resources
- Review Company inputs and raise Technical Queries and Technical Deviation Request.
- Provide inputs to lead piping engineer in planning package and ensures timely delivery of deliverable.
- Liaison with COMPANY and ensures timely approval of Piping material documents.
- Shall have good command of MS- Office and shall familiar to material management system. Knowledge of AVEVA- ERM is added advantage.
- Shall be able to conceptualise value engineering inputs and take initiative for overall project cost reduction by providing innovative solution.
- Shall Posses advance knowledge of various Piping Materials especially Corrosion Resistance Alloys, Cladding and weld overlay including uses and various testing requirement for qualification.
- Conceptualize Piping classes based on Fluid list and Initial Material Selection reports.
- Shall have advance knowledge of pipe wall thickness calculations including lethal, Cat M, cryogenic services etc.
- Shall be able to Conceptualize Piping Material Specification from the scratch.
- Shall have advance knowledge of valves and shall be recommend selection of valve on various process streams
- Shall provide required vendor inputs for finalizing the layout finalizing layout and handling requirement.
- Generate Specification for various Piping items(Pipes, fittings, flanges, Valves etc.,)
- Generate specification for GRE Piping, Cladded Piping etc.,
- Generate Valve data sheets
- Shall have advance knowledge of Inspection & testing and certification requirements of piping and valves and Piping inline components.
- Shall have advance knowledge of PWHT, NDT and Piping system Testing requirements and input to inter disciplinary documents.
- Shall be having high proficiency for interdisciplinary interfaces
- Advance knowledge of International standards (ASME, API, BS, NACE, Shell Specifications etc.,)
- Well experienced in handling vendor interface - evaluating Vendor offers, TBE, vendor drawing review & approval, resolution to vendor queries etc.,
- Keep track of job progress and completion as per project schedule
- Monitor man-hour consumption and raise variation where deemed necessary
- Good Leadership skills in driving the job
- Good Communication skills and command of written and spoken English.