Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Piping Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Jobs at this level are responsible for planning and allocating tasks for the Engineering and Design teams, the coordination of activities, attendance at client meetings, developing FEED layout from process description and safety studies and the preparation and checking of all project documentation mitigating interdisciplinary interface issues. Assist HOD.
During tendering stage, responsible for the review of enquiry documentation and the Scope of Work, perform pre-bid engineering, estimate man-hours and thus provide required inputs for bid preparation. After award of Project, complete responsibility of correctness and accuracy of the Piping Deliverables issued on the Project deliverables. This responsibility includes guiding /training of Piping Engineers as required and close coordination with other engineering disciplines and client's project team.
These role holders can be seconded to work as Project Engineering Coordinators based on the size and complexity of the assigned project. The focus will shift from one of deep discipline knowledge to that of coordinating the various engineering disciplines involved in assigned projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews the Scope of Work to assess manpower requirements, gains approval for securing of necessary resources.
- Plans and allocates various tasks to the Engineering and Drafting teams and supervises and directs progress to ensure timely completion within approved manpower budget and to agreed quality standards.
- Attends project kick off meeting to gain appreciation and understanding of project and to provide Engineering input.
- Attends design review meetings to provide advice and expertise on engineering aspects.
- Strong knowledge in preparation of FEED onshore Plant / offshore Platform layouts and analyses the safety requirements and potential risks.
- Experience in onshore Midstream and tank farm layout Development.
- Lead the FEED Layout development and implement most optimized solution.
- Prepare FEED Piping Layout methodologies, Specifications and design guidelines.
- Co-ordinates activities under own responsibility with other disciplines to ensure effective progress and avoid duplication of effort.
- Collects inputs on queries, reviews them and passes to the Project Engineering Manager for resolution.
- Attends project progress/technical client meetings to report on activities and has some direct client contact for the resolution of problems.
- Co-ordinates the various Engineering inputs for consideration in project bid preparation.
- Ensures all necessary completion action is taken upon project completion.
- Compliance in accordance with HSE Engineering Standard.
- Reports weekly engineering progress on mega EPC projects.
- Identify and prioritize the Long Lead Items.
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering.
- 15 years+ years of experience in Piping layout Experience in Upstream and Midstream major FEED projects.
- Proven supervisory track record in major projects and management potential.
- Well developed planning and organising skills.
- Influencing and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of engineering software for stress analysis, 3D modelling etc.
- Thorough knowledge of interdisciplinary interfaces.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good technical knowledge and good Communication skills.