Skills: Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Piping Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Piping Designer, Intermediate Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for providing design and technical support for the layout, design, supporting and specification of piping and components for industrial plants and mining infrastructure. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Key Responsibilities :
- Providing design and technical support for the layout, design, supporting and specification of piping and components for mining projects
- Providing conceptual front end design and material take-offs
- Designing and drafting of piping and auxiliary components in 2D and 3D drawing environments
- Preparing and verifying designs on site including creation of tie-in drawings
- Reviewing project documents for scope, presentation and technical accuracy
- Providing project management skills including man-hour estimating, budget control and scheduling
- Leading work groups or project teams with limited supervision
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff, including assigning work and evaluating technical competence
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with area leads, department managers, clients and other team members to coordinate, ensuring the compatibility of design
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Design technology
- 5+ years experience in piping design of mining facilities
- Proven experience and proficiency with AutoCAD 2D and PDMS 3D design/drafting
- Site experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Self-motivated with good leadership and interpersonal skills (past leadership experience is an asset)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.