Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Structural Engineer. Reporting to the Engineering Manager; this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for the structural design on projects in the mining industry. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Developing structural engineering designs (using concrete, steel, masonry, timber) for diverse range of projects in the mining industry
- Contributing to the preparation of technical specifications and engineering input to material, construction and commissioning packages
- Material quantity take-offs
- Providing engineering technical support to the field during construction, including responding to RFIs from construction contractors, issuing Site Instructions and performing field reviews
- Supporting the development of proposals, study reports, engineering specifications, and contract documents
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate or Undergraduate structural engineering degree and the ability to register with Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- 1-3 years of engineering project experience at various stages of the project life cycle
- Capable of developing creative yet practical solutions and is open-minded to alternative solutions.
- Willingness to travel to remote field locations on a short term basis
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and decision making skills
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively work in a multi-discipline team atmosphere is imperative
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.