Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood in Saskatoon is currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals group.
- Assist in the preparation of contract and procurement packages
- Execute specific defined tasks in accordance with accepted guidelines and regulation in accordance with industry standard practices or government regulations and guidelines such as the IEEE, CSA, Saskatchewan Amendments, etc.;
- Assist in writing work plans and reports in a concise technical manner according to the applicable project specifics
- Review and/or develop electrical, and controls (IEC) engineering, drawings and documents in line with requirements relating to feasibility, standards, codes and the company's quality specifications
- Creation of design calculations which include voltage drop, lighting levels, cable tray fill and heat trace wattage.
- Co-ordination of drawing packages for issue and preparing issue folders for electronic files
- Work effectively with multiple project engineers, designers, leads, and managers,
- Complete project progressing
- Must have the ability to balance and meet multiple deadlines
- Lead Engineer primarily responsible for supporting electrical engineering projects
- All other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Electrical Engineering (BSc) degree with completed course in power system is required
- Minimum 12-15 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer in an EPC environment
- Knowledge of power system theory including per unit system and sequential components
- Familiarity on using power system software to perform calculations is considered an asset (Easy Power and ETAP)
- Familiarity of CSA and IEEE standards including the Canadian Electrical Code;
- Must be proficient in MS Office application office application software such as Excel and Word;
- Protective device coordination for electrical systems/equipment.
- Ability to register as an Engineer (PEng) in the province of Saskatchewan.
- Familiarity with Industrial and mining sites is considered an assest
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.