Skills: Civil Engineering, Design Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Civil Design Engineer with Infrastructure Design skills in our St. Louis, Missouri office.
- Directs technical assignments such as roadway geometrics, storm and sanitary sewer layouts, levee and pump stations, grading plans, stream stabilization techniques, and other infrastructure improvements.
- Prepares and conducts technical review of reports, correspondence, calculations; prepares technical recommendations
- Produces non-routine plans, reports, and specifications
- Identifies and defines scope, technique, price, and schedule
- Prepares, directs, and reviews cost estimates
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS Civil Engineering degree, or related
- 4+ years of related experience with BS
- Licensed Missouri or Illinois PE, or EI with the ability to become licensed within a year of hire
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated maturity in judgment, initiative, and client relations
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare reports and proposals
- MicroStation, InRoads, GeoPak and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D design experience desirable
- Adaptable and persevering
- Works well with other people
- Safety conscious
- Must pass drug test, physical, and background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.