Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for a HSSEA Senior Manager to join our Capital Projects Asia Pac business. The role would report directly to Senior Vice-President, Capital Projects Asia Pacific, with a functional reporting line to Vice President HSSEA Capital Projects
The role would have responsibility for supporting the Asia Pacific Leadership Team and management in driving HSSEA culture, continuous improvement process across the business and ensuring delivery of HSSEA objectives. The role would deliver support and advice to staff on implementation and compliance with legislation, international standards and with internal procedures, and would build relationships with customers to support the safe and successful delivery of work scopes, thus enhancing Wood's reputation. There would be active participation in business capture and tender response, promoting HSSEA performance and culture as a differentiator for the business.
A key objective is ensuring that effective HSSEA management is provided for all the offices, sites and installations in their business area by selection, coaching and control of an efficient and competent team of HSSEA specialists.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:-
- Support the Asia Pacific Leadership Team in providing strong, visible and positive HSSEA leadership and promote the adoption of HSSEA best practice and values, as well as the development and roll-out of Wood HSSEA objectives and other initiatives including Safety Shield
- Support the organisation's aim to avoid operational losses, maximise brand protection and to assure continued process capability to Wood clients.
- Ensure HSSE legislation is complied with at all times, and report any breaches
- Ensure that all HSSEA documentation is kept up-to-date and ensure policies and practices are both applied and effective, by mans of a structured and risk-based assurance process. Promote a mature, interdependent HSSEA culture that delivers positive commitment to, and engagement with all employees in, continuous performance improvement.
- Contribute into monthly Management Team meetings, with accountability for reporting on all HSSEA statistics and performance against objectives.
- Interface with the HSSEA Leadership across the globe.
- Take an active role in HSSEA leadership of site-based activities across Asia Pacific
- Ensure that internal and external compliance certifications remain operational, and supervise the recertification process with 3 rd partiesEnsure close out of assurance and / or audit findings, competent audit reports and proper and effective corrective and preventive actions.
- Lead, provide functional management to, and pro-actively support all staff to achieve project deliverables.
- Play a primary role in providing guidance, support and advice regarding HSSEA issues.
- Maintain positive relationships with Client Representatives and Project Management to ensure client and business needs are understood and achieved.
- Be aware of Client HSSEA requirements and Wood values and behaviours and actively promote adherence with industry best practice.
- Provide input and support HSSEA rigor within the supply chain, including evaluation of processes and monitoring of performance.
- Monitor current project work scopes and ensure HSSEA support is suitably resourced.
- Manage, mentor and monitor the performance and development of direct reports.
- Monitor compliance against HSSEA improvement plans.
- Lead and coordinate the accident and incident investigation process, and provide support to staff involved as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in relevant technical, industry or HSSEA specific discipline.
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in Technical, HSSEA or related industry.
- NEBOSH Certificate/Diploma (desirable).
- NVQ Level 4 IOSH (desirable).
- Trained Internal Auditor (desirable)
- ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor Qualified (desirable).
Job specific experience:
- 10+ years HSSEA experience, with at least 5 years in a similar or regional capacity
- Experience of working in and managing a HSSEA Management System environment
- Experience in HSSEA Management and legal requirements across key geographies within APAC, namely China, Thailand,Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam
- Supervisory and/or direct management experience of a team of HSSEA Managers and Specialists.
- Project/contract experience in Energy, O&G, Process or other comparable industry.
- Broad HSSEA experience in similar industry.
- Experience of Construction, Design and Management Regulations including Principal Designer and Principal Contractor.
- Effective two-way communicator, comfortable with presentation of HSSEA concepts and programs, able to build strong working relationships with peers.
- Comfortable in both Client and other 3rd party environments; able to build exemplary working relationship with Client and other Stakeholders.
- Proven and effective planning and organisational skills
- Confident self-starter who can work independently
- Actively takes responsibility for safety management and the safety of all in the business
- Challenges established practices and effects continuous improvement
- Acts with integrity and behaves ethically at all times to safeguard personal and organisational reputation
- Commitment to HSSEA and in particular safety and assurance and the need to drive down incidents and accidents across the Industry.
- Trustworthy and approachable.
- Highly developed influencing and interpersonal skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.