Skills: Storeman, Materials Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Material Controller, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Ensure project materials database is kept fully updated.
- Work with Project Buyer function and suppliers to ensure safe and timely delivery.
- Work with Project Buyers to ensure that end client(s) are identified in Purchase Orders / Shipping Paperwork.
- Oversee onshore call off and allocation of materials and plant and equipment for shipment via land, air, or sea.
- Provide Forward Schedule Analysis (FSA) for Marine Supply Vessels to project team.
- Liaison with planning and construction to ensure material availability against Work Pack / Job Card.
- Co - ordination of third-party inspection requirements (e.g. rental plant and equipment).
- Co - ordinate all offshore material requests.
- Oversees all third-party Verification, inspection (as required), and receipt of all project material.
- Investigate and resolve any material short - falls.
- Allocation of bin location and storage of project materials and update of systems accordingly.
- Oversees third party sub - contractor to ensure all materials are clearly labelled with PO number, Client Ref, and quantity.
- Oversees all packing / tagging and containerization of all project materials in accordance with project schedule(s).
- Produces weekly project tonnage reports for all methods (air / road / sea freight).
- Monitor accuracy of manifests created for onward shipment(s).
- Liaison with third party sub - contractor(s) to ensure timely shipment of materials to relevant site(s).
- Oversee Control and re - distribution of back loaded materials through third party sub - contractor.
- Effective and timely reconciliation and disposal of surplus project materials.
- Monitors client overall storage footprint & promotes storage reduction initiatives (where practicable).
- Attends Marine Meetings with client's business partners regularly.
- Attends sub - contractor KPI meeting (Monthly).
- Performs Stock checks (onshore) on a regular basis.
- Chairs a weekly Materials Meeting with key project stakeholders.
- Performs stock adjustments as required.
- Attends & participates in toolbox talks / safety moments (where applicable).
- Promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment within project team.
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications / Training
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical (Mandatory for Offshore position only)
- IT Literate (Excel / Word etc.)
- Dangerous Goods by Sea
- Dangerous Goods by Air
- COSHH Training
- Abrasive Wheels Training
- Waste Management Training
- Coxswain Training
- First Aid Training
- AMEC Mandatory training (Induction, Risk Awareness etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in stores control function in role as Store man
- Offshore experience in similar role
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.