The Customer Business Development Team supports the origination, development, structuring and contracting of asset-based energy projects throughout the United States.
As the Customer Business Development Structuring and Modeling Analyst II, you will work closely with technical solutions architects, business developers, and outside sales professionals to craft energy offerings for our customers. You will be responsible for the financial, and economic modeling of all non-binding offers, and will work directly with our Acquisitions, Investments and Financial Advisory ("AIFA") team to assist in the following activities: contractual structuring, proposal generation, running offtake agreement pricing models, assessing project feasibility, and building/maintaining databases of transactions undertaken by ENGIE.
The C&I Customer Business Development Structuring & Modeling Analyst II will be a vital member of a small team within the C&I group with a focus on project analysis and structuring.
What you'll do:
- Heavy financial modelling responsibility including creation of template models for new market offering
- Develop, create and run offtake pricing models and liaise with AIFA to manage template models, model assumptions, model updates, and periodic pricing reviews.
- Ownership (including: version control, update tracking) of the financial models used for non-binding offers within the C&I group (ability to use Visual Basic and create Macros is a plus).
- Analyze combined heat and power, district heating and cooling, energy efficiency, HVAC, and solar transactional structures and consider the risks and mitigants to ENGIE and our customers
- Support all aspects of deal structuring including (contract review, risk assessment, pricing, creation of commercial deal terms, and financing.)
- Work with other C&I focused teams as support for origination and proposal generation.
- Research and apply local, state and federal subsidies, incentives, and oversee the uniform implementation of such benefits within offtake contract pricing.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for ENGIE internal approval processes.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business or finance
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel is a must (Visual Basic is a plus)
- Strong desire to work in Excel daily and to create financial model templates used for NBO pricing is required
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of finance concepts (IRR, NPV, Payback)
- Knowledge of the energy marketplace, technology and industry a plus
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively individually as well as with a team
- Able to react quickly and thrive in quickly changing environment
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent problem-solving ability and ability to think on one's feet
- Willing to pitch in where needed to support growth of the C&I business at ENGIE
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Dec 4, 2020