Skills: Business Development, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Costa Mesa, California, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has an opening for a Senior Engineer / Scientist to support our storm water and surface water consulting team in Costa Mesa and San Diego, CA.
We are looking for a candidate who is excited about the opportunity to mentor staff, promote excellence, and take part in the continued growth of our storm water and surface water services.
- Consulting and management of municipal, commercial, and industrial NPDES compliance projects
- Oversight, QA/QC, and mentoring of junior staff
- Preparation and oversight of plans, field investiggations, studies, and reports
- Coordinate and lead multi-discipline teams
- Maintain relationships with key client project managers
- Support proposal preparation work and technical work scope development
- Market and develop new work to support the continued growth of the practice area
- Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work
- Manage multiple projects, being responsible for ensuring that deliverables, schedules, and budgets are achieved
- Travel to project(s) as needed for the execution of project goals
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in engineering or environmental-related degree, advanced degree(s) preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Proven track record marketing and developing new work
- Thorough knowledge of local (southern California) regulations, requirements, practices, and protocols required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with, mentor and direct engineers, scientists and technicians
- Exhibit ability to successfully track and meet budgets and schedules
- Demonstrated experience selling, managing, performing and consulting on projects and programs including a wide range of project sizes
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.