Skills: Project Management, Project Engineer, Supply Chain Management, Mining
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join our Mining and Minerals office Saskatoon, SK.
This role has overall responsibility for overseeing the development of budgets, schedules and reports as well as for the management and coordination of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Ensuring the management and coordination of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Acting as a technical professional resource for the successful competition of multiple major challenging projects
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing first class engineering services
- Overseeing the development of project budgets, schedules and reports
- Monitoring engineering, procurement and/or construction progress
- Chairing project meetings and ensuring that schedules are progressing
- Reviewing cost control forecasts (engineering costs as well as capital costs)
- Gathering up to date information first hand at sites, meeting with clients and constantly monitoring work performances
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering from a recognized university
- Minimum of 8 years engineering or operations experience focusing on heavy industrial projects including at least 2 years in a project management role
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Effective organizational skills and be able to multi-task
- Strong track record of successful project completion
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a certified project management program is considered an asset
- A willingness to travel for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.