Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Junior Mechanical Engineer to join our Architectural Engineering (A/E) Group. Our A/E group provides technical solutions for challenging projects and complex design problems, focused on providing sustainable, resilient, and energy efficient solutions for our clients and projects. Our projects include; building restoration, renovation, and new construction in commercial, municipal, federal, and industrial sectors. Examples of some of our recent projects include highly secure radar facilities, combined heat and power (CHP) plants, hospital renovations, office renovations, industrial warehouses and maintenance facilities, geothermal system designs, and upgrades to HVAC systems in historic buildings.
This position offers the opportunity to work on mechanical projects within a multi-discipline project team environment. Supporting our North East US Operations team from our Portland, Maine office, you will be responsible for assisting with design work of mechanical systems for buildings and industrial projects, for both new construction and renovations projects.
Key Responsibilities :
- Design work to include code checks and calculations
- Preparation of drawings for mechanical systems
- Preparation of specifications for mechanical systems
- Coordination of work with work of other engineering disciplines
- Support drafter/designers with the preparation of construction drawings for HVAC and plumbing systems for new and/or retrofit buildings
- May support engineering efforts related to other engineering disciplines and business practices
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations, and project documentation
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant degree
- Eligible to obtain Engineer-in-Training certification
- 3-5 years of related Mechanical Engineering experience, includes engineering internships
- Design experience with mechanical systems for buildings and industrial projects, for both new construction and renovations projects should include building and industrial design projects and involve all aspects of mechanical system design including plumbing, compressed air, process water systems, fire protection, heating systems including steam and hot water, ventilation, air distribution and air handling systems, mechanical equipment sizing and selection and controls
- Ability to use AutoCAD and/or Revit is required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Join our Portland Wood Team, we are a team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base. Our team takes pride in maintaining a small family-like environment, while also having the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization. Our Portland office is right in the heart of Downtown Portland; nestled in a diverse and lively city with an outstanding restaurant scene and lots to do if you're an outdoor enthusiast or love the Arts - something for everyone! Considered the hub of Wood's Northeast Region, we are looking to grow our team to support our current workload as well as advance our strategic planning towards our future vision - Join us!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.