Skills: Rig Electrician, Electrician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for an Electrician with offshore experience on a production platform in the oil and gas industry for a future opportunity.
Work schedule of 21x21 with a work terminal out of Galliano, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Assists in operations by maintaining all electrical equipment including safety systems.
- Receives written, diagrammatic, and/or verbal instructions and determines appropriate actions for all work performed; Prepares written work orders for other personnel to complete repair, maintenance, installation and testing task.
- Replaces faulty wiring and electrical components such as relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards and position sensing devices.
- Maintains current technical knowledge of government and company policies, codes and regulations.
- Prepares written or computer-generated purchase orders when necessary, maintains proper levels of equipment inventories.
- Responsible for following safety procedures and maintain safety data.
- May be required to travel to worksite via marine or helicopter transport.
- May be required to reside at worksite on a predetermined work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 5+ years of offshore electrician experience on a production platform required; experience with medium to high voltage needed.
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with experience; 5-10 years offshore experience with 4160 voltage and switchgear experience on a deepwater production platform preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.