Skills: Rotating Equipment
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is sourcing for a Rotating Equipment Specialist to join our international team working on a large-scale gas platform located in the Eastern Mediterranean.
The normal rotation is 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off, although a 6 weeks on / 6 weeks off rotation is presently being operated due to the global COVID situation
We require candidates with extensive experience in the operation, maintenance and fault finding of key rotating equipment, also several years related experience working on large scale oil and gas production platforms preferably in the Gulf of Mexico.
This position reports to the Maintenance Team Foreman and will be responsible for providing technical expertise and practical hands-on support to the asset for the operation, integrity, maintenance activities and fault diagnosis on key Rotating Equipment. Responsible for ensuring that standards are maintained, whilst also optimizing maintenance and limiting downtime. Work Orders are raised to address defects and assist the asset in meeting its Operational Excellence targets.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
- Responsible for diagnosis of operational deviations.
- Responsible for ensuring Spotlight is working as per design and alert and alarm levels are set appropriately.
- Responsible for leading diagnosis and rectification of faults on rotating equipment packages.
- Responsible for delivering allocated planned and breakdown maintenance activities.
- Responsible for interfacing with contracted vendors to ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Responsible for supporting and mentoring trainee system owners and trainee system experts.
- Accountable for ensuring equipment is correctly and clearly tagged.
- Responsible for ensuring the equipment and skid is kept clean any leaks or step changes in noise, temperatures, pressures, flows, or vibration levels are reported, work orders raised, and corrective actions progressed.
- #Responsible for ensuring package instrumentation is in good working order and any defects are reported, work orders raised, and corrective actions progressed.
- Responsible for ensuring that any package pipe work, small bore tubing and flexible hose defects are reported, work orders raised, and corrective actions progressed.
- Accountable for ensuring the rotating equipment and package auxiliary systems are operating within the OEM operating limits.
- Accountable for the identification and investigation of alerts generated from the package online condition and performance monitoring tool.
- Responsible for the routine collection of data and completion of CMMS scheduled maintenance activities.
- Responsible for assisting the conditioning monitoring vendor with the collection of routine vibration data.
- Responsible for the monitoring of vibration data from vibration data collectors. Training will be given on the vibration data collector unit.
- Accountable for ensuring that post maintenance commissioning activities are carried out and the equipment is handed back to operations in a satisfactory condition.
- Responsible for ensuring that routine lubrication oil top-ups are logged, and samples are collected and submitted to the appropriate onshore laboratory.
- Accountable for the management of all package special tools ensuring the equipment is certified, stock numbered and in re-usable storage/transportation boxes.
- Responsible for the management of all offshore held package spares ensuring suitable stock level are stock proposed and maintained.
- Accountable for ensuring that all package defects have clear and concise work orders raised and scheduled in accordance with their CMMS criticality.
#rz #ZR # wood18
Skills / Qualifications
Technical Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- Experienced Engineer with Engineering Degree or equivalent experience and other qualifications.
- Sound understanding of mechanical engineering and control systems with some instrumentation and electrical experience preferable.
- Previous experience working with rotating equipment and their auxiliary systems.
- Must be able to interrogate rotating equipment control systems to assist with fault diagnosis.
- Experience with the interpretation of technical operating manuals, drawings, catalogues and reports to assist with fault identification and proactive management of fault rectification.
- Knowledge of safety hazards associated with high speed industrial rotating equipment.
- Knowledge of industrial rotating equipment failure modes.
- Working knowledge of the Maximo work management system would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of the PI Process Book system would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of safe working systems e.g. ISSOW, Risk Assessment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.