Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Drive assigned products through the manufacturing process to meet customer delivery expectations maintaining the highest level of quality and safety.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Exhibit leadership, direct supervision and training of manufacturing personnel.
- Lead daily safety meetings
- Ensure applicable products are built in conformance with API and any customer requirements.
- Responsible for insuring machined components are produced in accordance with engineering documentation, the WFT Enterprise Excellence policy, in a cost-efficient manner and on time
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to develop, implement improvement projects.
- Mentor subordinates to fully understand the company expectations and deliverables encouraging success through team effort.
- Perform required supervisory employee relation matters for area of responsibility to include, but not limited to, hiring, training, performance reviews and terminations.
- Responsible for ensuring proper tools are available to subordinates as required to perform their functions and the tools are safeguarded against loss and unsafe usage. Maintain proper inspection of tools to guard against unsafe operation and replacement and/or additional tools required to manager as directed.
- Working with the Quality Assurance team, ensure applicable tools and equipment are properly and timely calibrated.
- Prepare and maintain applicable reports. Manage personnel at optimum efficiency levels knowing what projects are on the floor at any one time.
- Participate in scheduled production update meetings. Follow through with any action items requiring timely attention.
- Ensure that documented processes and procedures are in place for the assigned work.
- Working with other Manufacturing Specialists, ensure that proper supervision is provided to the manufacturing personnel during all working hours. Working hours could include weekends beyond normal working hours.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Must understand and comply with all safety requirements and company policies of Weatherford
- Minimally 10+ years related experience
- Bachelor's degree a plus.
- Experience in driving continuous improvement activities
- Must have previous management experience
- Working knowledge of machine tools
- Must have experience working in a machine shop environment
- Machining experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and empowerment management style
- Ability to meet established deadlines and adapt to a continual change in dynamics of customer requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate, delegate, empower and strengthen subordinates in all aspects of their duties to achieve the required outcomes.
- Working knowledge of a fully integrated manufacturing ERP software.
- Full understanding of mainframe and PC systems including Microsoft Office products.