United Kingdom - Belfast, BelfastJob Summary
We have an exciting career role in our established Water team based in Belfast for a Civil Engineer with strong analytical skills and experience in technical delivery of water engineering projects.
You will work alongside our project managers and lead design engineers throughout the project design and delivery cycle, supporting various design stages of water and wastewater utility projects to include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs and preparation of reports and technical specifications.
As a Civil Engineer within the water team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assisting with and preparing of technical designs for water related projects.
- Assisting with and preparing of technical specifications and reports.
- Developing civil designs and assessments and checking to time and budget.
- Ensuring all work is fully compliant with Health and Safety legislation, the CDM Regulations and other applicable codes.
- Undertake project technical/quality reviews and attend design reviews for projects.
- Undertake site visits as needed.
- Contribute to group initiatives with respect to technical development / market sectors and processes.
- Assist with project management, and build upon your knowledge to enable you to lead projects with progression.
- Assisting with and preparation of bid proposals and additional fee proposals.
- A degree or equivalent in civil engineering or similar.
- Experience in the technical delivery of water and wastewater engineering projects
Knowledge of one, or all, of the following;
- Design of wastewater networks including gravity systems, rising mains, pump stations and wastewater treatment works
- Design of surface water networks including gravity networks, pump stations and outfalls
- Pressurised pipe and/or gravitational system hydraulic design
- Design of clean water networks, pump stations, service reservoirs and treatment works
- Using hydraulic design software packages including InfoWorks, MicroDrainage, EPANET etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, using these to develop and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and external clients where required
- Sound problem solving skills, accountability for assigned work, and solid written and verbal communication skills.
Your benefits will include:
- Working toward a relevant professional chartered institute, for example ICE
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.