Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Loving, New Mexico, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as an Instrumentation Engineer in Loving, NM. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. The successful candidate will provide instrumentation and controls engineering support to all phases of project design, execution, installation, commissioning and operation.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Provides instrumentation and controls engineering support to all phases of project design, execution, installation, commissioning and operation.
- Maintains and applies company instrumentation design criteria and specifications as well as industry recognized standards.
- Reviews Engineering drawings and instructions to ensure compliance with applicable requirements.
- Develops and executes test plans for instrumentation installation, document calibrations, system configurations, and data acquisition equipment.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses instrumentation related issues including electrical, mechanical, and computer controlled systems.
- Assists in factory acceptance testing and field inspections.
- Supports supply chain in instrumentation systems and equipment procurement activities.
Skills / Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Programming automation and control systems involving Allen-Bradley PLCs
- Advanced knowledge of Rockwell Studio 5000 automation software
- Advanced knowledge of technical standards and guidelines (API, NEC, NFPA, IEEE, etc.)
- Is known across the organization for their expertise, strategic vision and enterprise perspective.
- Creates unprecedented solutions to complex, non-routine problems.
- Provides recommendations to management within business/functional team and occasionally across business lines/regions.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.