Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Software Development, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Responsibilities may include:
• Develop mid-level to highly complex custom applications in a windows/web application environment
• Working with Business Analysts and Functional Support team to understand business requirements to provide timely assessments and create technical designs.
• Creating and updating documentation for ongoing support of web/windows applications.
• Following ConocoPhillips change management processes to prevent disruptions and outages.
Required Technical/Functional Skillsets
• 5+ years of Windows/Web application development experience
• Proficient Skills in these technologies:
• C# .NET Framework, Microsoft ASP .Net MVC, REST Web API
• Excel VBA Programming
• Data Analytical/Reporting Tools like Power BI, Spotfire, SSRS etc.
• Visual Studio 2015 and above, TFS 2017 or above
• Experience working with relational databases (SQL Server/Oracle 11 and above) with strong SQL and stored procedure development knowledge
• Working experience in Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) applications like Commodity-XL, RightAngle, etc.
• Strong research, analytical & interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong Commercial business acumen with trading platforms like ICE, CME.
• Proficient in source control practices (Git workflow, branching/merging, etc.)
Release Comments: Hello, this is a 12 month contract for an Application Developer.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.