Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: CAD75 - CAD85 per hour
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, an Oil and Gas Operator, is currently looking for a Construction Engineer for a contract role in Fort Saskatchewan. This role is working M-F and the individual must have their own accommodations as no LOA will be given.
The Construction Engineer is required to support all phases of the project delivery cycle providing input into project design and execution from a constructability standpoint, participate in field walks and constructability reviews for all projects, and support the planning and execution of project field construction activities in accordance with applicable premises, approved work processes, and standards in a safe, efficient, cost effective manner.
- The construction engineer will be working in a brownfield environment supporting a portfolio of projects across several lines of business, working closely with several different project engineers, portfolio managers and business representatives.
- Will also be expected to work closely with construction field supervision to ensure good communication and on track performance of field execution activities in support of the Project Engineer.
- Accountabilities include providing timely Front End Development construction expertise and input for Opportunity Framing, Risk Identification and Mitigation, Engineering and Procurement Execution Plans, and Estimate/Schedule development.
- The construction engineer will be required to support overall project performance (Safety, environmental, quality, cost, and schedule), construction execution planning, QA/QC implementation for field/shop fabrication and installation, constructability and maintainability planning, construction contracting strategy development and implementation.
- They will interface closely with the Project Engineer and others regarding tie-in design, start-up, and operating procedure development, risk identification and mitigation, key delivery dates for engineering packages, major equipment timing, etc.
- In addition, the construction engineer will be expected to coach/advise Project Engineer and Construction Field Leads and is expected to look for opportunities to reduce/optimize construction scope and cost, while balancing a no change mindset.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Civil) or Construction Management (Associates degree equivalent)
- minimum 15 years working in a petrochemical/refining environment
- Must have in the direct field execution of capital project construction
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.