At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Key Responsibilities include:
Support to the Mechanical Design capability within the overall Engineering team delivering projects for key customers. All aspects of mechanical engineering may be covered including piping and vessels, mechanical handling as well as general mechanical.
Duties may include:
- Working with the Mechanical Design / Project Lead to develop engineering concepts
- Working within a team developing design concepts into detail design drawings and documents in accordance with British Standards and client specifications
- Preparation of technical reports and CDM documentation
- Production / checking of CAD drawings and documents
- Supervision of designers and allocation of work to achieve project requirements
- Presenting technical solutions at design reviews
- Prepare for and attend HAZOPS as required
- Site visits and engineering walkdowns to support project needs
Qualifications and Experience
- Conversant in AutoCAD, Inventor and common design software packages
- 5-10 years' relevant experience of working within the nuclear industry
- Knowledge and experience of the SL design process and standards
- Working knowledge of 'Designer' role CDM regulatory requirement
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Awareness of safety requirements and appropriate standards and specifications
- The position is subject to the ability of the candidate to obtain as a minimum SC level clearance and obtain a Sellafield P4 pass
- Degree qualified or equivalent (eg HNC/HND with significant experience) in relevant engineering discipline with typically more than 5 years design experience in role
- Current possession of a P4 Sellafield pass and security 'SC' Level would be ideal
- Experience of design delivery using the Sellafield Ltd Management System preferred
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.