NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific Description
At NextEra Energy we have a passion for taking your career to the next level. Our talented employees are our biggest asset to continued success. If you are interested in joining a leading team for an industry leading Nuclear fleet, look no further. This role will be located at our Seabrook station site in NH.Seabrook Station is located on 900 acres on the seacoast of southern New Hampshire. The plant is operated in a highly-responsible manner and is dedicated to protecting the environment while meeting the energy needs of New England. Seabrook Station is one of only a few nuclear power plants in this country that is ISO 14001 compliant, recognizing the plant's leadership and excellence in environmental stewardship.Below is adescription of the duties you can expect in this role. In addition to the description listed below,the ideal candidate will have an understanding of energy market economics and be process improvement oriented. Start your future now, apply today!*Plumbing experience and license highly preferred*Job Overview
Employees in this senior-level technician role perform installation, construction and maintenance of designated equipment, buildings, vehicles and grounds outside of the plant protected area.Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under limited supervision:
- Performs a variety of facility activities which may include carpentry, painting, electrical automotive repair, plumbing and grounds keeping or snow removal
- Possesses proficiency in carpentry, painting, electrical automotive repair, plumbing and grounds keeping or snow removal as well as the ability to perform other maintenance tasks
- Uses expertise to perform complex and technical building maintenance including providing technical direction and advice to others
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Preferred QualificationsSpecial Requirements
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 3+ years
- Power Plant Maintenance Positions Selection System (MASS): Test Passed
- Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
Nuclear Specific Requirements:
- Minimum of three years' experience in one or more of the following craft skills: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, locksmithing, carpentry, grounds keeping, HVAC, and welding.
- Possess a current state-issued technical license and certification in assigned discipline (i.e. Master Plumber License, Journeyman/Master Electrician License, Gas Piping License, Hazardous Waste Certification, Heavy Equipment/CL 1,2 Operators License, etc.).
- Valid driver's license; commercial license, as applicable.
- Please add additional nuclear specific requirements or preferences here
Nuclear Specific Preferences
- Qualify as a crane operator and qualify for tagging
NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC
Seabrook, New Hampshire
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-MT1Nearest Major Market:
Gas, Gas Technician, Nuclear, Power Plant, Energy