Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Belfield, North Dakota, United States
If you will be working in a job that requires a Commercial Driver License (CDL), then please follow these instructions to speed up your hiring process. This is required in order to continue the hiring process with Basic Energy Services. As part of the new FMCSA Clearinghouse rules that went into effect January 6th, 2020, all employers must run a full query of every prospective employee covered under FMCSA Clearinghouse prior to hiring the employee. If you are not registered in the FMCSA Clearinghouse, you will need to register in order to complete the full query approval request and continue the hiring process. You can register at the following link: https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/Register Step-by-step instructions can be found here: https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/Resource/Index/Registration-Driver-Instructions
Performs repetitive work of any Value Stream manufacture product line and equipment in accordance with engineering drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Performing any Value Stream assembly-type functions, using hand or power tools
- Thorough knowledge of engine mechanical assembly, manufacturing processes, blueprint interpretation, including weld requirements
- Ability to read and interpret conventional and precision measuring instruments
- Safe and appropriate operation of any equipment needed to perform job
- Recording serial numbers and other information as necessary to complete paperwork associated with any job
- Ability and willingness to work with minimal supervision
- Recalling data and procedures on a daily basis, including taking notes, copying prints as needed
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts such as Lean Manufacturing
- Ability to gain a thorough knowledge of all Value Stream manufacture products and demonstrate process
- Participate in continuous improvement, root cause corrective action methodology to eliminate waste.
- Support the implementation of continuous improvement actions (Kaizen); participate in Kaizen process and share knowledge
- Assist engineering in resolving assembly and test related issues
- Continuously monitor work functions and recommend changes needed to improve product reliability, quality and reduce overall cost
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs and may also include occasional overnight travel
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education
- Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals)
- 6 months diesel mechanic experience. (Trade school equivalency may be considered in lieu of experience)
- Basic understanding of rig function (air, hydraulics, mechanical parts) preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Occasional lifting and carrying of 10-50 lbs. may be necessary when performing repairs to equipment both in the yard and in the field
- May be required to enter tight spaces or other areas by the use of ladders or other access devices
- Physical activity including long periods of standing, squatting, kneeling, reaching or similar activities may be necessary
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
As part of the new FMCSA Clearinghouse rules that went into effect January 6th, 2020, all employers must run a full query of every prospective employee covered under FMCSA Clearinghouse prior to hiring the employee. If you've already registered in the FMCSA Clearinghouse, please be on the on the lookout for an approval request for a full query of your information from the FMCSA Clearinghouse on behalf of Basic Energy Services. If you are not registered in the FMCSA Clearinghouse, you will need to register in order to complete the full query approval request and continue the hiring process.
You can register at the following link:
Step-by-step instructions can be found here:
This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment