Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Sakhalin Oblast, Russia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Civil Structural Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join the team in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Sakhalin Island, Russia.
This position will report directly to Lead Civil Structural Engineer.
This is office based live-in position (not rotational method) with normal working hours.
At this time, applications from Russian citizens only will be considered.
For applying to this position please send your CV on the e-mail: Sakhalin.Recruitment@woodplc.com.
Other ways of applications will not be considered.
• To provide discipline specific technical expertise at a technical authority level, in support of the Sakhalin II Projects.
• To ensure that all project risks affecting start up requirements are identified, assessed and mitigated against and closed through achieving ALARP risk levels.
• Responsible for design, specification and services related to Structural Engineering.
• Under general supervision, independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations.
• Provides technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers and is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretations and advice.
• Job role is responsible for a measurable asset such as an assigned staff and budget. Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Engineering and a minimum of 8+ years related experience.
• At this level, individuals will have demonstrated creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving engineering problems efficiently and economically.
• Requires the use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of the field and related disciplines. May have contributed inventions, patents, and new designs or techniques which are regarded as major advances, or which significantly reduce professional services hours on projects. Also may be responsible for leadership of a functional area on a small to medium project or a segment of a larger project.
• As a Principal must be able to lead, develop plans, control budgets, organizes, coordinates and controls the project and is responsible for employee performance appraisals and for coaching and developing lower level professionals. Incumbents at this level will usually hold a certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer.
• To provide discipline Conceptual, Front End and Detailed Design input to Brownfield engineering projects, technical support studies as requested, engineering support to the construction / commissioning phases as necessary and providing engineering support to maintenance and operations as requested.
• Manage hands on the overall Engineering and Design activities within the Structural Department and day-to-day issues in a major, schedule driven, modification project, while attending to the technical and planning issues necessary for timely completion in accordance with overall integrated construction/commissioning schedule.
• Provide discipline expertise during trouble shooting in project commissioning phases.
• Cost (CTR) estimates.
• Develop project risk registers defining key risks to start-up of the overall project and its constituent projects.
• Develop verification requirements to determine the probability of risk occurrence.
• Review results of verifications and advise on required mitigations to overcome foreseen risks to project start-up.
• Define requirements for and participate in assurance activities to assess effectiveness in closure of risks
• Adjudicate in decision making for mitigation.
• Responsible of the provision of Structural Engineering services in support of project scope of work delivery.
• Structural Analysis / Primary Steel and Structural Design.
• Ensuring that the work is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the current releases of any company/client or statutory design, codes, standards or procedures.
• Preparation of Specification of Structural Bulk Materials.
• Preparation Technical evaluations and clarifications of received bids.
• Reviewing of vendor's documents for compliance with company requirements.
• Preparation of material requisitions.
• Undertaking Site Surveys as required.
• Input to Scope of Work and Basis of Design.
• Preparation of installation sequences which shall be fit for purpose.
Skills / Qualifications
• BSc / MSc Degree in Structural Engineering.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• 12+ years' experience in the Structural field.
• 2+ years' experience on Drilling Assets preferred.
• Oil and Gas engineering required preferably brownfield.
• Conceptual, Front End and Detailed Design experience required.
• Field experience in construction and commissioning strongly preferred.
• Experience in onshore/offshore projects in cold/remote regions is advantageous.
• Self-motivated individual, able to work in both small and large engineering team environments.
• Able to provide innovative, fit for purpose, solutions whilst meeting basic client engineering requirements.
• Experience in estimating project scopes from both a deliverables and time to complete point of view.
• Ability to manage more than one project at a time.
• Leadership and project management skills.
• Prepare Technical Specifications for Drilling Rig Packages.
• Knowledge of STAAD Pro software.
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Team worker; Self-Starter; Delivery focus; Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; with the ability to work in teams and liaise with other discipline engineers in a multicultural environment.
• Be willing to mentor Junior National personnel.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.