Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood is seeking a Mechanical Designer to join our Portland, Maine office. The Portland team is a multi-disciplinary group of 150+ professionals comprised of Scientists, Engineers & Architects in the heart of Downtown Portland. We offer technically challenging projects throughout the US and globally within a relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city.
The role of a Mechanical Designer is to work within multidisciplinary teams of engineers to prepare plans for building projects based on designs developed by engineers at Wood. The mechanical designer will be responsible for layout of equipment, ductwork, and piping to facilitate good equipment access and performance. This position requires working with structural, electrical engineers and architects to coordinate mechanical systems with other trades. Projects include building restoration, renovation, and new construction in commercial, municipal, federal, and industrial sectors. Position will primarily work in an office setting and may require occasional field work.
Skills / Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, coupled with a minimum of four years experience as a Mechanical Designer from the A/E / EPCM industry
- Proficient with CAD drafting techniques
- Experience with development, coordination, and maintenance of 3D graphic visual display and modeling work (REVIT preferred)
- Knowledge of project QA/QC requirements preferred
- Knowledge of engineering practices, codes and standards, and specifications
- Experience and interest in mechanical HVAC, piping, ductwork, and plumbing design
- Must be able to communicate with project and lead engineers and architects in all disciplines
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Assists team in preparing construction contract documents, plans, and reports.
- Performs field work as directed by an engineer.
- Must pass a drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record
Our Portland Wood Team is group of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base. We take pride in maintaining a small family-like environment, while also having the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization. Considered the hub of Wood's Northeast Region, we are looking to grow our team to support our current workload as well as advance our strategic planning towards our future vision - Join us!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.