Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tucker, Georgia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Pulp & Paper Process Engineer ; this role is based in our Tucker, GA office, one of our many engineering centers for US Operations (other locations include: Greenville , Portland, Minneapolis, and Tallahassee).
This position primarily provides Pulp and Paper process leadership on forest industry projects but also has a strong influence in the overall development and execution in a project's full life cycle. In this position, the Lead Pulp and Paper Engineer provides process engineering expertise from conceptual studies, feasibility analysis, construction grade scope and estimates, detailed design, start-up, system optimization, and trouble-shooting.
- Lead the Pulp and Paper process design on projects or a team of process engineers on larger engineering projects and provide direction and coordination to other disciplines as the process lead
- Support project proposal efforts by developing a process scope of work and process man-hour estimate in support of the defined Client scope; Develop staffing plan and schedule to support the man-hour estimate and schedule from concept through design and start-up
- Develop and/or oversee production of engineering reports, studies, calculations, PFD's, P&ID's, GA's, equipment specifications/data sheets, and review/approval of vendor submittals
- Assure quality of design documents and process deliverables
- Manage projects within budget and schedule constraints by interacting with Clients, team members and management to resolve project roadblocks
- Participate and provide leadership in Client and project team meetings to establish project objectives and coordinate and/or resolve design problems
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering , or Pulp & Paper Science (Professional registration is a plus)
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the consulting engineering profession with progressive roles in working in a team environment on design of pulp and paper projects
- Proven history of leading the Process design effort on Pulp and Paper projects
- Experience in Pulp and Paper Industry is required. Specifically, working knowledge of the various unit operations such as:
- Causticizing and Chemical Recovery
- Chemical Pulping Fiberlines (wood yard, pulp mill, bleach plant etc.)
- Recycle Fiber (OCC, ONP, MW etc.)
- Machines (stock approach, various grades such as tissue, fluff pulp, linerboard etc.)
- Experience in a variety of technical and/or operational assignments in the paper industry is a plus
- Expertise in manufacturing processes with a demonstrated ability to translate that expertise into cost, quality, and/or capacity improvements is a plus
- A willingness to travel as needed
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.