Skills: Civil Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection, Civil Construction
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Our team of professionals offers a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government, industrial & commercial, water, transportation, minerals & metals, oil & gas and clean energy.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Civil Materials Technician to join our team in Surrey, BC.
This position will support the Certified Civil Engineering Laboratory (concrete, aggregate, soil, asphalt) by conducting field and laboratory testing services within the lower mainland and throughout BC.
- Provide quality control and quality assurance inspection and testing on a variety of laboratory and field projects including but not limited to aggregate production, earthworks, concrete, asphalt and field density programs
- Provide a high level of client service
- Ensure clear communication to client representatives and the Wood team
- Train and mentor junior staff
- Prepare field and lab reports
- Other responsibilities may include assisting geotechnical and environmental staff with field investigations, geotechnical instrumentation, and sampling
Given the nature of our work, out of town work should be anticipated, from time to time.
Skills / Qualifications
- Completion of a Civil or Construction Engineering Technology program
- Ideally five (5) plus years of related materials testing experience including soil, aggregate, concrete, and asphalt. Candidates with less than 5 years of experience will still be considered
- Knowledge of CSA, ASTM, and Provincial test methods an asset
- Detail oriented, organized, team player and self-motivated
- Well organized approach to work, with the ability to manage and prioritize several tasks at one time and ensure commitment to service and technical excellence
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors for long days in rough terrain, harsh elements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to lift independently up to a maximum of 23 kg
- Flexible to work overtime as required
- Commitment to wear all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License with a clean driver's abstract
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.