Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions provides high quality materials, environmental, geotechnical, and water resource engineering services to clients worldwide. We have an established track record of technical excellence and completing our clients' projects within budget and on schedule. Our success is based upon:
- A partnering approach of working with our private industry clients and government agencies,
- Extensive experience with a variety of projects,
- Understanding our clients' schedule requirements,
- Project management structure that ensures accountability, and,
- Commitment to innovative problem-solving and cutting-edge technology.
Our Burnaby office currently has an opening for a Civil Materials Engineer. The successful person will be responsible for:
- Effectively communicating with coworkers, clients and senior management
- Undertake materials engineering and testing assignments focusing on soil, aggregate, concrete and asphalt.
- Promote a safe work environment
- Participate in business development
- Maintain current and develop new clients
- Prepare and present proposals
- Oversee materials engineering and testing assignments as project manager
- Prepare materials engineering and testing reports
- Provide construction monitoring/supervision and prepare field review reports
Skills / Qualifications
- Master's degree or PhD in Civil Materials preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant and related experience
- Advanced knowledge of some combination of soil, concrete and asphalt technology.
- Eligible for registration as a P.Eng. with EGBC
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.