Skills: Environmental Engineer, Field Comm / SCADA
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Wind Analyst in our Glasgow (Saint Vincent Street) office to join the Renewables team.
This is a client facing role that would suit a highly numerate individual with a diverse set of skills and the initiative to rise to a challenge. Wood is a leading consultant in the marketplace and, as such, is involved in some of the largest and pioneering developments, which affords exposure to a vast and exciting array of opportunities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking analysis of wind data and operational data to predict the energy output of pre-construction and operational wind farm projects across the globe for a variety of clients (developers, lenders, investors and other project stakeholders).
In addition, review of third party energy yield assessment assessments as part of due diligence assignments form an integral part of the role. This activity requires a clear and demonstrable knowledge of industry standard energy yield assessment methodologies.
A variety of additional commercial and non-commercial wind analysis based tasks will also be expected to advance and develop Wood's position as a market leading consultancy in providing wind farm development consultancy services.
Key responsibilities associated with the role are:
- Analysis and interpretation of measured wind data
- Modelling of wind flow using linear and non-linear wind flow models (familiarity with WAsP, Meteodyn and Ansys Windmodeller software is considered an advantage)
- Calculation of energy yield assessment and technical losses
- Written and verbal communication of technical detail to a non-technical audience. Deliverables are primarily in the form of technical reporting
- Management of projects and budgets
- Client interfacing and relationship management
- Due diligence of third party energy yield assessment reports
- Preparation of technical/commercial tenders according to requests
- Awareness of the market and on-going innovation in technology and research
- Mentoring of junior team members
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
- Previous experience of working in an engineering consultancy / developer environment
- Experience in wind analysis / energy yield assessment
- Wind data analysis experience
- Modelling of wind flow using linear and non-linear wind flow models
- Conducting due diligence of third party energy yield assessments
- Familiarity with SCADA data processing
- Software/programming skills, Python language in particular
- Experience of authoring academic/technical papers or presenting on wind analysis/energy yield topics at industry events.
- Degree in a highly numerate discipline (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, meteorology)
- Post-graduate qualification in a highly numerate discipline (e.g. renewable energy, sustainability, meteorology).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.