United Kingdom - West Midlands, Birmingham - UKJob Summary
AECOM is looking to recruit a Principal Civil Engineer to join our busy development infrastructure team in Birmingham/ South East. The Development Infrastructure team plays an integral part in these projects often taking a leading role with work spanning initial feasibility, technical support for planning and detailed design of infrastructure for implementation. The team tackles a wide variety of projects located both in the UK and overseas.
This is an ideal opportunity for a suitably experienced Civil Engineer to develop their career and assist in the technical direction and future development of this team.
Role responsibilities include :
- Technical delivery and financial performance of projects.
- Interfacing with clients and managing and developing client relationships
- Management of a project team and representing the team internally and externally at an appropriate level.
- Overseeing and checking the technical output of other team members.
- Production of studies, assessments and/or conceptual designs for development schemes including drainage, roads, utilities, flooding and sustainability.
- Carrying out and checking detailed design calculations; prepare engineering design drawings, specifications and information.
- Liaison with regulatory bodies including government departments, local authorities, water and utility companies, the Environment Agency and other public bodies to deliver the necessary approvals.
- Preparation of fee proposals and management of budgets.
- Civil Engineering Degree and/or Masters Degree
- Relevant experience, ideally with a consultant in development infrastructure for residential, commercial and leisure sites.
- Experienced in working with developer clients and contractors.
- Proven track record in delivering infrastructure projects.
- Experienced in supervising and developing staff.
Your benefits will include:
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers and/or member of the Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Croydon - Bedford Park, UK - St. AlbansClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.