Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC, Mechanical Technician, Piping Technician
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Mechanical / Piping Commissioning Technician.
Purpose / Role
- To support safe execution of the Mechanical and Piping pre - commissioning and commissioning work scope in accordance with contract requirements, specifications, procedures, and schedule.
- To provide support to Snr Commissioning Engineer / Commissioning Engineer for related discipline activities.
- Review applicable discipline commissioning technical documentation / procedures
- Plan and prepare for execution of future work fronts
- Provide competent supervision in the commissioning / function testing of Mechanical and Piping plant, equipment, and systems
- Monitor / report progress as required
Key aims and objectives
- To play an active role in ensuring that all Project SHEQ goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- To ensure the work is carried out in accordance with project specified requirements / work packs
- To supervise Mechanical and Piping Commissioning Technicians in the testing of project Mechanical and Piping systems, in accordance with project technical procedures and plans
- To ensure applicable SHEQ processes / practices are implemented / followed and where applicable permits in place and associated toolbox talks etc. are completed prior to commencement of work activities
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Supervise the testing of Mechanical and Piping systems in accordance with applicable pre - commissioning, commissioning, and relevant vendor test procedures
- Supervise Mechanical and Piping commissioning team and interface with other disciplines
- Ensure "Red line" project drawings and procedures when changes have been completed during commissioning phase
- Review Construction documentation prior to commissioning activities
- Complete the project Completion System in accordance with handover documentation
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe manner using Wood procedures (Task Risk Assessment / TBT / TRIC)
- Ensure all activities are implemented in a safe manner using the PTW system
- Prepare for future work fronts including preparation of applicable documentation i.e. Work packs, PTW requests, Method Statements etc.
- Report progress via the JMS or written report as requested by line manager
Allied occasional duties
- Liaise with support vendors as required
Key internal interfaces
- Commissioning Technicians
- Discipline Commissioning Engineers
- Construction personnel
- Completions Coordinator
- HSSE and Quality Reps
Key external interfaces
- Client commissioning personnel
- Operations & Maintenance personnel
- Site vendor reps
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications / Training
- Technical qualification with applicable Mechanical and Piping background - ONC in Mechanical or related Engineering (preferred)
- IT Literate (Excel / Word / PowerPoint)
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering or related subject BOSIET / UKOOA Medical (or equivalent)
- Wood Mandatory Training (Induction, Risk Assessment etc.)
- 10 years demonstrable experience in Mechanical and Piping Commissioning Engineer or Technician role, with a proven background of delivery.
- 5 years demonstrable experience in a supervisory or lead role, with a proven background of delivery
- Thorough understanding of the principles of Mechanical equipment and piping system commissioning.
- Ability to demonstrate good understanding of risks associated with working in Hazardous Areas
- Experienced in the supervision of personnel and team working.
- Good knowledge of O&G related SHEQ safe working practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the completions process and the ability to understand / complete related check - sheets.
- Offshore experience in a similar supervisory or lead role.
- JMS experience.
Personal qualities, aptitudes, and skills
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to safety.
- Flexible - able to comply / adapt to company / client requirements
- Ability working to and delivering to deadlines.
- Ability to interact with other personnel from other disciplines.
- Ability to work on own initiative, and provide effective trouble shooting.
- Desire to learn and develop.
- Ability to work in a multi - cultural environment.
Competencies - Generic
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of O&G SHEQ safe working practices and procedures and their implementation.
- Ability to work to deadlines in an accurate consistent and structured manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide guidance to other team members
- Ability to follow / comply with procedures and recognized working practices
- Ability to plan the work and coordinate the team in execution of the task.
- IT Literate in major software packages (Word / Excel)
Competencies - Technical
- Conversant with the completions / commissioning process.
- Ability to understand / project procedures and drawings, in particular extensive understanding of P&ID's / GA's.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of Mechanical and Piping systems including installation, testing, pre - commissioning, commissioning and general O&M of plant equipment and components.
- Ability to identify PTW requirements and complete associated method statements / risk assessments for the safe execution of work scope.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.