Skills: Contracts Engineer, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Our client, large Oil and Gas Company, is currently seeking a Contracts Manager for a 1 year contract in Kitimat, BC.
The Contract Manager - CPI will provide support as part of a team of Contract Managers in the day-to-day management of our client's Company Provided Items (CPI) contracts with an estimated value of $600M CAD. The Contract Manager - CPI will have responsibility for correspondence management, change management and deliverables tracking, together with providing specialist advice in the interpretation of the contract documents. In addition, a particular focus of this role will be to support the Principal Contract Manager in the development of claims mitigation and assurance oversight as part of overall claims management for the CPI contracts and the suite of supporting contracts.
Close collaboration with site representatives and contract managers is essential to ensure alignment with real-time activity at the workface and to assess commercial & contractual implications of contractor activity.
This position will sit within the C&P General Contracting, Pipeline and Asset team supporting delivery of the scope. The role will report functionally to the Senior Contract Manager General Contracting and will work in collaboration with the Contract Holders of each of the respective contracts.
The role will be based in Kitimat British Columbia.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 8 years Contracting and Procurement experience
- Demonstrated Project Supply Chain Management experience
- Comprehensive understanding and application of contracting and procurement processes and tools
- Correspondence management
- Effective communications at all levels of management both internally and externally
- Contract management & governance
- Strong commercial acumen / awareness
- Managing internal and external stakeholders
- Motivated selfstarter with a track record of delivery to project demands
- CP professional competencies at Skill or above, Business, Engineering or Quantity Surveying degree, or equivalent
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.