Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Are you a dynamic recent graduate or aspiring accounting professional? Are you looking for room to grow with a global firm? Do you enjoy focused work, solving problems, and learning new systems and tools? Do you want to help support our clients as they build critical infrastructure and transition to renewable energy? Then Wood may be the place for you!
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Project Accountant to join our team. As a qualified candidate you will maintain, monitor, and analyze project financials throughout the project lifecycle. This means ensuring timely and accurate delivery of client invoices, proper accounting treatments, and developing detailed knowledge of our ERP systems. You will also act as the primary accounting contact for many of our busy project managers. This will require flexibility while building and maintaining multiple internal relationships. It is a great opportunity to learn the organization and start your finance and accounting career at Wood!
San Diego, CA
- DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES
- Oversee project financial activities
- Review contracts to approve contract set up in accounting ERP system
- Setup bill rates, unit pricing, corrections, write offs, and holds to projects
- Distribute preliminary invoices for project management review and approval
- Invoice clients in accordance with contract terms
- Manage project budgets per contract modifications
- Setup Work Breakdown Structure elements (phases and tasks)
- Review revenue recognition to ensure proper weekly and month end results
- Process credit memos and invoice reinstatements, as needed
- Review Work-in-Progress (WIP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) for accuracy and aging
- Maintain complete audit files for project accounting records
- Partner with operations to close out projects
- SUPPORT OPERATIONS
- Provide general assistance, financial information, and training to operations staff
- Work with project managers and administrators to support project accounting needs
- May interact with clients and subcontractors
- Actively participate as a member of the team
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or finance related field, a plus
- 2 - 3 years' experience desirable, not required
- Strong organization and attention to detail is a must!
- Ability to learn ERP system and make accounting entries in accordance with policies
- Ability to identify issues, analyze data and solve complex problems
- Strong computer skills focused on the MS Office and Excel skills are an asset.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role.
- Self-starter with friendly customer service skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.