Partner with the best
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for strategic projects and orders execution of Chinese key account customers throughout OTR (Order to Remittance) execution phases to ensure meeting scope, schedule, and financial objectives. He/she will be accountable for giving great customer experience by managing all of project risks and scope change according to company's Risk management and Change Order management procedure. The Senior Project manager will work closely with each factory's PMs and other functional leaders to make sure project factory supply valves as per scope, schedule, and financials of project and ensure long-term business growth in China market, building customer relationship and contribute to the overall business strategy for global valve business
As a Senior Project Manager
, you will be responsible for
- Identify proper point of contact in each layer of Chinese Key Account customer and building relationship and act as focal point of project execution for our valve business in China.
- To be central point of project execution for our valve business serving Chinese key account customer. Manage customer experience by resolving any project issues including but not limited to specification, commercial issues, manage correspondence among stakeholders during project execution with support from each functions and project factory PMs.
- To provide periodic updates to the leadership for major projects with critical KPIs such as Control Point Summary, Rev Rec, Margin, Risk & Opportunity as needed.
- PM execution responsibilities include the following
-Receive, analyses and accept orders from the ITO-OTR handoff (R3 workflow or other)
-Conduct cross functional, internal kickoff meetings to launch the execution of the order
-Launch & manage sub-factory intercompany scope (if any) to meet the order required ship date
-Schedule and conduct external kick-off meeting with customer
-Manage scope & campaign resolution of any technical or commercial issues during life of the order
-Manage internal/external communication. Provide regular updates to customers
-Develop and maintain robust project plans with cross functional OTR support team (Engineering, Procurement, Sourcing, Planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, Finance, Services as required) that meet customer and business objectives
-Create a Baseline schedule at IKO that meets the customer required ship date. Maintain/monitor an actualized status of schedule variance to the original plan during the life of the order. Communicate regular progress updates to the customer
-Own project risk management - identify, analyze and cross functionally mitigate project risk to reduce/avoid schedule and financial exposure
-Negotiate and manage change orders with the Customer by identifying opportunities to add customer value and bring incremental revenue to BHGE with optimized project contribution margin
-Monitor & act on order financial performance to maintain/improve the as-sold contribution margin
-Escalate critical situations as necessary to fulfill customer contract requirements on time
-Collect & deliver all contract required documentation within 1 week of order shipment
-Ensure order is reconciled, closed, invoiced after shipment & completion of contract deliverables
-Monitor past dues balances and lead resolution of invoice collection disputes or liquidated damages disputes with the customer
-Submit and follow-up for reply to Customer Feedback surveys after shipment
-Conduct Project Closeout Meeting that summarizes actual schedule and financial performance compared to the as-sold targets. Document lessons learned and best practices
-Log and manage resolution of any post shipment warranty claims through Customer Issue Resolution (CIR) cases and warranty support team
-Travel as required to support order execution. Examples may include Customer visits, External Kickoff or progress meetings, key supplier visits, etc.Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanics or equivalent from an accredited university, Master's degree in Business Administration or Engineering is preferred.
- At least 10 additional years of experience in project management and proven records of working in Oil & Gas Industry such as refinery and/or Power generation industry (Non IT). Willingness and ability to travel 30 % of the time
- Proficiency on Systems tool, Technical knowledge of valves business and associated systems is preferred. Dynamic business and financial acumen including ERP is preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt training OR equivalent Quality Training is preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English, Native or equivalent level of speaking in Chinese is mandatory.
- High energy level - self-starter. Sense of urgency in dealing with issues and tasks. Ability to achieve goal under pressure and dead line driven condition.
- Proven leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively manage a matrix team / organization.
- Ability to anticipate events and develop adaptive strategies / remedies.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.