Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Woking, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting a Lead Automation and Control Engineer to support our projects in Woking.
Applicants must be British or EEA national and be able to pass HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
The Lead Engineer will provide technical, project management and functional responsibility for Automation & Control project execution.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Acts in a Lead technical and supervisory roles in project definition, development, and execution
- Leads project sub - teams during system design and implementation
- Coordinates with project discipline and senior engineers to ensure correct implementation of the design for their engineering specialty and coordinates the work of engineers within their specialty
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
- Produces Monthly technical and Commercial Progress Reports
- Control of budget and labour hours
- Customer focal point, ensuring client satisfaction / requirements are addressed or met
- Support the bid and estimating function especially for future phases of work
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum BSc Degree or demonstratable equivalent experience
- Significant experience in Automation and Control Engineering Discipline
- Thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures and specifications
- Significant experience in multiple industries e.g. Oil and Gas, Refining, Chemical, Pharmaceutical is preferred
- Detailed experience in project estimating, planning and management / leadership aspects of project execution
- Up to date knowledge / experience of legacy and modern PLC and SCADA systems
- Knowledge of modern automation and control applications, tools, methodologies, or equal training / experience
- Knowledge of legacy Emerson PROVOX DCS
- Knowledge of Emerson Delta V DCS
- A good working knowledge of current industry specific technology and the application of current engineering software / tools and trends
- Commercially aware
- Strong leadership ability, communication skills, enthusiasm, and diplomacy
- Inquisitive, well organised with a keen eye for detail
- Able to operate in an integrated team environment supporting and leading others with a desire and ability to build trust and respect throughout the team
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.