Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Project Accountant to work in one of our UK offices on a permanent staff basis. This position will provide the successful candidate opportunities to develop and shape the Finance & Accounting (F&A) function within Digital Technology, and will support the Digital Technology Finance Business Partner in the day to day operations of the Finance function for this service line.
Whilst primarily responsible for the project accounting for all Digital and Technology projects, ensuring accounting entries are recorded in an accurate, timely manner in accordance with Wood's standards and policies, the role will also be involved in the reporting of financial data internally to business stakeholders and externally to the client. Furthermore, financial reporting will extend to forecasts and budgets, together with ad-hoc financial analysis.
- Ensure that all accounting entries are prepared accurately and in accordance with Wood's standards and policies, whilst meeting the company's reporting
- Ensure results are accurately reported and analyzed to all key stakeholders
- Provide project accounting assistance at kick off meetings and drive monthly project review meetings from a financial perspective
- Work with Project Controls and Business Systems Support to ensure each project is set up in a timely fashion and with the required workflow milestones and budget
- Generate and review project revenue, ensuring revenue is appropriately recognised. Further review costs in the month and make necessary accruals for missing costs.
- Ensure all unbilled sales is fully recoverable by the client and are invoiced timely
- Review Variation Orders (VOs) ensuring the accounting is in line with the status of the VO
- Provide accounting for the full lifecycle of the project - forecast to completion
- Maintain visibility over all costs incurred and allocating them when required
- Preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts in conjunction with Business Management and Finance Business Partner - Digital and Technology
- Linkage with business manager and contracts administrator regarding any contractual aspects
- Execution of various ad-hoc financial analysis and tasks as and when required
- Project reporting - financial & progress reporting pack
- Provide variance analysis showing Maintaining Cash Flow implications on the wider business, especially on large projects
- Maintaining clear visibility of the project balance sheet
- Reporting Backlog, Backlog burn and replenishment
Skills / Qualifications
- Further education through College or University with a recognized accounting qualification ( CIMA / ACCA / CPA or equivalent)
- 3 - 4 years project accounting experience
- Previous experience working in a software or technology company would be beneficial
- Proficient user of Excel
- People supervision skills
- Good commercial knowledge
- Good systems experience (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion)
- Ability to form and maintain strong working relationships
- Shows willingness to make improvements and shares best practice
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to discuss issues clearly and concisely at all levels within the organization
- Strong ethical values and communicates with openness and honesty
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.