Skills: Offshore Position Surveying
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Survey & Positioning Supervision Offshore MYANMAR
Supervision of the rig move of a Jack up in the YADANA field, offshore MYANMAR.
An expertise in Hydrography, Topography or Survey is required:
- GNSS and surface positioning equipment
- Expertise in hydrography, geodesy, subsea metrologies, cartography and GIS,
- Expertise in survey and positioning technique and with deep-sea positioning,
- Expertise in GNSS and acoustic positioning in Deepwater,
The service will be performed in English within a multicultural context.
- Supervise topography, positioning and geodesy operations as well as the processing of data acquired for complex operations.
- Ensure all positioning / survey data acquisitions are made according to survey workmanship.
- Review and assess the quality of the field reports submitted by the survey contractor offshore.
- Collect the associated raw data and assess them offshore.
- Make sure that all necessary data are duly collected in a timely manner by the survey contractor offshore.
- Collect the as-built reports and the field reports carried out each day to file them properly on board available for the COMPANY Representative.
- Inform the COMPANY Representative about all shortcomings, problems and/or major defects detected in survey works.
- Ensure the technical exchange with the survey contractor offshore in order to make sure that the survey services are carried-out as per specs and liaise between the COMPANY Rep and CONTRACTOR on survey issues.
- Check the capability and skillfulness of the contractor surveyors and in addition:
o Make sure the navigation sensors are duly calibrated according to COMPANY specifications.
o Make sure the offsets of the sensors have been professionally assessed by the survey sub-contractor.
o Make sure the DGPS and the DP vessel have been duly tested before starting operations.
o Make sure that the survey contractor implements the quality control as per specification requirements.
o Evaluation of the survey procedure and manuals.
- Use and master software and equipment for topography, positioning, geodesy, GIS and mapping - Ensure the survey contractors comply with COMPANY HSE policy and perform regular HSE audits - Ensure the validity of HSE certificates of all survey personnel in its perimeter (Medical Certificate, BST, HUET, …).
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.