Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking Senior/Lead Piping Engineer in anticipation of a project win in Russia to join our Mining & Minerals team in Oakville, Ontario who will apply extensive and comprehensive knowledge of piping engineering principles and practices to the organization's products and services. The Engineers will plan, schedule and assign/supervise or conduct broad and/or technically complex engineering assignments requiring judgment, independent evaluation, selection and significant adaptation and deviation from standard techniques and procedures.
- Piping Engineering design related to mining and metal processing, specifically potash and chemical processing
- Develop Piping Design Criteria, Specifications, Line Lists, Valve Lists and Specialty Items Lists
- Develop Material Class sheets and Valve data sheets
- Prepare stress analysis calculations (stress analysis with CAESAR II, supports and anchor design etc.)
- Prepare system design calculations (system sizing and hydraulics)
- Co-ordinate the piping design activities with other disciplines
- Deliver a fit for purpose piping design for construction
- Assist with the development of Process Flow Sheets, PFDs and P&IDs
- Design and develop Utility Flow Sheets, PFDs and P&IDs (compressed air, fire water, fresh water, potable water, sewage, waste water etc.) in conjunction with Building Services
- Write specifications and contract documents as well as review project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation, including checking for technical accuracy
- Assist in manpower plans for capital projects as well as provide estimates for engineering output to appropriate clients
- Adhere to project budget and schedules
- Developing and maintaining positive, sustainable client relationships
- Coordinate and work with project team members in Canada.
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have PEng designation
- 7-10 years' of related experience, focusing on mining projects
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Current legal eligibility to work in Canada
- Familiar with Russian Engineering Codes will be an asset
- This position is permanent and NOT eligible for relocation allowance, or any type of living allowance. Must be willing to relocate and work in Oakville at your own expense if not from the area
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.