Skills: Operations Management, Casing, Drilling Consultant
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
The Odessa TRS Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the business is running to maximum productivity by managing the day-to-day activities of the business and its employees. This position reports to the US Land (USL) Geomarket Vice President.
- Lead the Well Construction Product Line including P&L responsibility, staff crews, oversee the store location, develop and enforce IMS standards for operations, coordinate logistics, maintain equipment, and provide feedback to the Product Line Director to improve the technical capabilities of our tools.
- Support direct reports to ensure jobs are executed cost effectively and delivered on time in accordance to customer specification and quality requirements.
- Work in compliance with and enforce the company QHSE policies and procedures.
- Responsible for planning and organizing operations and priorities to achieve delivery of product and service to our customers.
- Interface daily with all functional leaders within the company to ensure company objectives are supported and achieved.
- Provide training and motivation to all personnel at the store location and insure there is a succession plan in place to grow the organization's talent pool.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of US-based casing running and management experience, both conventional and automated CRT.
- Experience opening new locations and expanding a business is preferred.
- Must have strong PC skills in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Intercultural Awareness Understands, leverages and respects cultural differences, languages, customs and manners on the ground. Has the ability to be flexible, adaptable and agile in foreign environments.
- Business Acumen Business Acumen is understanding how our businesses generate profits and competitive advantage after weighing foreseeable risks. It requires knowledge of how technical and functional roles contribute to and impact bottom-line results. Specifically, it's knowing what business, financial and operational conditions must exist for Parker to maximize profits, without undue risk. Business acumen requires savviness of market practices and industry tactics to assess and determine when the outcome of a decision will result in added value for the organization.
- Building Effective Teams Promotes followership; encourages team members to share knowledge; values contributions of all teammates; shares wins and successes; creates positive morale and spirit.
Physical demands / work environment
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the Quail Service's facility in Odessa, TX. This position occasionally visit rig/field sites. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures. There is potential for exposure to high noise levels, chemicals, mud, grease and oil. This position will occasionally be working around heavy equipment/machinery. Quail Services will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.