Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Horseheads, New York, United States
If you have a desire to grow with a dynamic company, make a major difference within the organization, have great advancement opportunities and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment, then this opportunity with MICATU may be for you.
MICATU is a rapidly growing developer of next generation of optical sensors for sensing and condition monitoring applications. Measurement capabilities include voltage, current, vibration, displacement and temperature. We address the growing power generation challenges stemming from large rotating machines, high voltage transmission and power transformers. Our technology enables highly accurate precision measurements in the harshest of environments.
We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Software Developer for our Big Flats, NY facility.
We are seeking a skilled Sr. Software Engineer to join the Micatu team. You will be responsible for working on all stages of our production cycles, from research and design, manufacturing, and customer support. We are looking for a highly creative individual with an ability to develop innovative solutions while working with cross-functional engineering and manufacturing teams. This requires the ability to communicate technical ideas in a clear manner, both visually, verbally and generate detailed reports. Deep knowledge with embedded software development using GPPs, DSPs, FPGAs, and ASICs, as well as associated software and embedded firmware architectures is a must. As Micatu's lead Senior software developer you bring years of experience in the software industry with a proven and successful track record of exceeding client expectations when developing programs and have provided excellent support in the managing of those solutions. This position requires you to train and oversee a team of junior software developers.
Specific Technical Knowledge:
• Functional expertise with C++ in an IDE (Eclipse, Visual Studio, NetBeans, or Xcode) with Object Oriented Design. You are a True Developer!
• Comfortable with C++ text stack.
• Understanding of memory management, cache and processor use, runtime optimization, concurrency, and synchronization.
• Solid computer science background including algorithms, data structures, operation systems and large data bases.
• Deep understanding of Intel, Xilinx and Texas Instruments FPGA products and embedded hardware solutions.
• Knowledge of Embedded Linux and Linux Kernel.
• Python and Origins mathematical modeling software experience
• Strong understanding of embedded mathematical implementation and solutions
• Developer experience using C++. Experience with multi-threaded firmware and systems such as GPPs, DSPs, FPGAs, and ASICs, as well as associated software and embedded firmware architectures.
• Ability to implement analytical and mathematical functions into efficient and real time optimized code capable of sampling, data acquisition, time domain, frequency and FFT analyses.
• Skills necessary for testing and troubleshooting of software and firmware in prototype to production systems and environments.
• Ability to comprehend and contribute to complex systems containing combined electronics and photonics components as well as quickly learning new technologies.
• Implement quality code with comprehensive software/firmware verification testing.
• Code review with peer developers providing constructive feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code.
• Proven experience as embedded software solutions developer or equivalent position with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
• Passionate ambition and drive, with a "do what it takes" attitude
• Exceptional problem-solving abilities
• Outstanding communication, collaboration, and team building skills
• Excellent project management acumen
• Minimally a BS in computer science, software engineering, MSc/MA will be a plus
MICATU provides competitive compensation, and a benefit package that includes incentive options, medical & life insurance, 401(k) plan, and PTO.
Micatu is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you believe you are an ideal candidate and want to join the MICATU team, then contact us!
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.