Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Horseheads, New York, United States
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, self-starting leader that will be responsible for all aspects of engineering activities and projects within Micatu.
As the Director of Engineering you will plan and ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives. As the Director of Engineering you'll utilizes best practice engineering methods and provides expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives. Your skill set includes the ability to incorporate components, materials, and tools that result in cost-effective and quality output. Additionally, you be managing the overall engineering budget and department budget. All departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function will report to you. Your results driven attitude will ensure all products undergo a rigorous development and certification process to meet the standards our customers expect. MICATU is an emerging growth Company, and a deep understand of optical systems and product development is a must.
The Director of Engineering is a critical leadership role at MICATU. In this position you will report directly to our CEO.
Education and/or Experience:
• Master's degree (M.S.) in engineering, or related field, preferred or a minimum of 15 or more years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven track record with extensive experience as a director of engineering, with optical product development and embedded hardware/software development including the management of software, electrical, mechanical, optical and test engineer resources.
• The ability to architect and drive projects with deep technical experience
• Experience leading and managing multiple teams of engineers and developers in a fast-growth environment
• Deep, current technical capacity with software development, front-end architecture, data design and implementation, and industrial-grade software/hardware system delivery
• Proven track record of creating pragmatic, maintainable systems, using industry-recognized best practices
• Experience shipping, maintaining, scaling, and evolving highly utilized production products
• Deep experience applying agile practices to streamline team delivery and output
• Significant, current knowledge of Python and embedded software frameworks, and technologies
• Expertise in hardware design and PCB layout
• Experience with FPGA/DSP embedded software, is a plus
• Extensive experience evaluating, implementing, and supporting third-party solutions for the power utility industries is a huge plus
• A passion for the Micatu mission
• Demonstrates detailed knowledge of company's products and services.
• Possesses knowledge of optical test equipment, and embedded software on FPGA/DSP hardware platform(s).
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.